Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The New York waterfalls

At first I was surprised. To me the so talked-about waterfalls of New York were supposed to be breathtaking - adding on to the beautiful scene of the bridges. So imagine my confusion when I - on my daily walk by the East River - from a distance saw water rushing down a steel piece. Oh no - not a leakage. Not until close and seeing the other ones at a far distance I realised these were the mighty falls.

Now they have grown on me and I love them for being these tiny scaffold ladders. So New York somehow. Most probably even better from a boat view. Not to mention the artist Olafur Eliasson is Danish-Icelandic and there is further reading in Swedish.
____________________
LES B'LYN Gov Isl Pier 35 Brooklyn Bridge Brooklyn Piers and Governors Island
July 1st until October 13th.

No comments: